There are 12 artists named August:
1) august is an improv, lo-fi, tape usin' shaman in training from philadelphia, pa who runs cerebral spasm records. from his myspace: "august really likes to play music for and with people. he guarantees he will not bullshit you one bit and give everything his most. he will also try and continue the spirit of japknees dreemweal by emitting sonic love from his little speakers. august - keys, vocals, pedals, sampler, shortwave, flute, bass..." he has put out a good number of releases to date, all of which are ultra limited and hand made. his most recent full lengths are titled "ghost smell" (2006) and "moon book" (2007).
2) August was a 1960's trio band - JOHN BETZ (bass guitar and vocals), RICH KNICKERBOCHER (guitar, vocals and kazoo), and LARRY SPURRIER (Drums and backing vocals). Genre: Beatles style and tradition. Their 1969 album named AUGUST (teal cover pix on this page, album designed by Larry Spurrier) was produced and directed by Michael Nise (Ex. Producer of "Dance Party USA" www.omni2000.com), recorded, published and pressed by "The Nise Sound" in the "Nise Photo-Sound Laboratories" which was then located in Philadelphia, PA, USA. The AUGUST Album also credits "BUBBLES By The Little Kid With The Big Coke." In 1995, AUGUST became the number one internationally requested album by collectors who were paying $1000.00 per album.
3) august were a 2-piece acoustic/alternative band hailing from Wigan, England. They formed in the mid-2000s, and featured N.S.M. on lead vocals.
august Facebook page
N.S.M. at MySpace
4) August is a Bluegrass/Folk/Alternative band from Baltimore, Maryland, circa 2007.
5) August is an electronic musician from Oxford (United Kingdom.
6) August is a post hardcore band from the Suburban Chicago area circa 2003.
7) August is a Finnish Christian rock band founded in 1997. Location: Kokkola, Finland.
8) August is heavy power metal featuring the late Anthony Michael Russo on vocals, Mike Moore on lead guitar, Thad Cranford on bass guitar and Andy Shea on the drums. August was formed in the late 90's as an answer to the Sunset Strip Glam rock, pay to play scene. August never paid to play and took no prisoners, intimadating the crop of glam boy bands with their musicianship and talent. Location: Hollywood, California, United States Genre: Rock & Pop » Power Metal
Similar Artists: Overkill, Judas Priest, Metal Church
Free download for 7)August:
9) August are a group based in London, England. Their debut LP entitled 'It's Not The Wand, It's The Magic' was released on Frizz Records in June '08. Featuring Vedina Mose on vocals, Clean Cut Mark on drums, Raphael Mann on bass, guitar, keyboards & vocals and Maree Choie on clarinet & vocals, with contributions from fellow Frizz artist Art Terry (see photo gallery for a shot of songwriting team Vedina & Raphael in action). Their eclectic style has been compared to artists as diverse as Prince, Kate Bush, The Beatles, Sly & The Family Stone and early De La Soul. Raphael also plays bass for Mr Hudson & The Library and I Blame Coco
10) R&B singer ('Make You a Star, 50 50 etc.')
11) A Japanese Symphonic Prog band.
Line-up / Musicians:
Misuzu Kudo - voice
Yoshinori Kawai - guitar
Sou Kanno - bass, acoustic guitar
Ayato Takada - keyboards
Kotokatsu Onodera - drums 88-89
Hitoshi Nishida - drums 89- (ex-Providence)
12) A post-hardcore band from Canada, circa 1996, reborn in 2007. www.myspace.com/augustaugustaugust .