There are at least 5 bands named Afterlife:
1) Steve Miller is the writer / producer / remixer behind the blissful beach grooves of Afterlife. This album is the natural progression from working with a number of major artists including K-Klass, Karl Pitterson and Jose Padilla and having tracks included on the Cafe Del Mar series.
2) Afterlife is a death metal band from Mishawaka, Indiana. Formed in 1990. Split up in the 90's but recently reformed.
3) Posthardcore/crust band from Nechyba (CZ) Afterlife is based on friendship and passion. This band strictly disapproves with all acts of intolerance, discrimination and violence.
4) An Israeli power metal band called The Afterlife, from the city Netanya.
5) Afterlife was a Progressive Metal/Rock band from Los Angeles,California
6) Psychedelic electronics duo from Brooklyn (Franklin Teagle, Ryan McGill)
7) AFTERLIFE, a progressive/alternative rock trio formed in January 1986 in Carrollton, GA by Mike Hudson, Jonathan Dorsey and Warren Davis.
Three-Way Mirror (EP), 1987
The Frozen Sun, 1988 - contains the former EP as side two, with new songs on side one
The Awakening, 1990
Curtain Call, 1991
Compass Rose, 2013
This "AFTERLIFE" is the oldest band using the name that I've been able to determine. The band took a 20 year break between the 3rd and 4th album, but regrouped in 2011 to begin recording "Compass Rose". As of this writing no live shows are planned, but songs are currently being written and hopefully the band can enter the studio once again to record album number 5.
MYSPACE: http://myspace.com/afterliferock .